Part/Full Time: Full Time, 40+ hours per week
Hourly/Salary: Salary Exempt
Reports to: Associate Director
Supervisory role: Yes
Programming is the culmination of services that our organization provides to the community. This
includes, but is not limited to, peer coaching, peer support groups, special events, community assistance
programs, community outreach and collaboration with community partners. The role of the Program
Manager is to assess, create, manage and develop ongoing programming as it pertains to the direction
of Peer Spokane in serving the needs of the community.
• Recruit, train, supervise and mentor Peer Services Specialist(s), interns and/or volunteers.
• Identify annual goals and ensure that your direct reports can meet those goals.
• Oversee/implement through your direct reports all trainings provided by Peer Spokane specific
to the program(s) assigned to you.
• Build relationships with staff, members and community stakeholders to provide peer services
that best serve the needs of our members.
• Problem-solve issues and conflicts as they arise that are beyond the scope of your direct reports.
• Actively address people and issues that conflict with Peer Spokane policies or create an unsafe
environment for people to come together including mediation of personal conflicts among our
members to full resolution.
• Maintain open communication and effective working relationships with fellow staff members
based on mutual respect, reasonable and timely expectations that promote a positive working
• Respond to all phone calls and emails within 1 business day.
• Must be available by phone to address extreme issues that occur during evenings and
• Work with your direct reports and other staff in the planning and logistics for all your program
• Act as a representative on behalf of Peer Spokane as needed with regards to community
collaborations and events as assigned by the Associate Director including reporting back to the
Associate Director with updates and for direction on how to proceed with our involvement.
• Maintain clear communication with staff and volunteers including keeping the Associate
Director updated on your weekly schedule and copied on all important communication.
• Strive to meet or exceed all grants/contracts deliverables as assigned including accurate and
timely reporting as defined by the funder.
• Encourage members to get involved in volunteer positions, special events and at all our
• Must identify as someone in recovery from substance use disorder and/or mental health and in
remission for a period of at least one year.
• Must be trained and certified as a peer recovery coach through Peer Seattle/Peer Spokane,
SHIFT, CCAR, or equivalent training model.
• Must have experience working as a peer recovery coach and/or Certified Peer Counselor (CPC)
or willingness to take the training within six months of hire.
• Must have great organizational, documenting, communication, and program development skills.
• Ability to be an active listener by asking questions and reflecting on what is being said.
• Proficient with computer software: “Tech-savvy”
• Ability to research and learn new ideas, skills and processes or to problem solve.
• Ability to work both independently and under supervision.
• Ability to maintain healthy boundaries with peers.
• Peer Spokane Peer Group Facilitator or willingness to take training within six months of hire.
• Experience with employee and volunteer supervision.
• Established relationships with local community-based organizations.
This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities. In addition to the
responsibilities listed above, the Program Manager will be responsible for any additional tasks that are
assigned by the Associate Director.
• Pay Scale: $33,613 – $47,449 DOE
• Three (3) weeks annual accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), 3 personal days, 8 holidays
• Medical/Dental/Vision benefits for Employee paid at 100%, Dependents 0%
• $50,000 Life and AD&D, Long Term Disability provided at no cost
• WA State Short Term Disability and Workers Compensation premiums paid by employer
• Business cell phone and service will be provided
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to
or by mail to:
425 West 1st Ave
Spokane, WA 99201
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
Application deadline is November 15, 2019. Applications received after that time will not be considered.
Qualified candidates will be reviewed by the Associate Director and Executive Director. Eligible
applicants will be contacted for interviews.